Check it out- this works. Mom, I hope you read this!
Here are the simple steps:
1. Get Borax (from your laundry room or from the laundry aisle at the store)
2. Get Sugar (I used powdered because it was all I had)
3. Mix equal parts sugar and borax
4. Mix in water
5. Put it where ants are
6. Tell whoever shares your kitchen so they don't wash it off
7. Watch the ants enjoy their dinner
8. Wake up the next morning to no ants
9. Be amazed that they don't come back even when you leave dirty dishes out
Here is what's up with the pics above:
-Obviously, borax, sugar, and water mixed in a small dish
-Ants moving from Lillian and my jelly experiment over to the borax experiment
-Ants lining up and calling dibs
-My sink the next morning
Try it and let me know how it works for you and if you have any other fun experiments to share!
Note: I do not support killing innocent creatures without reason. Lillian was concerned about this. I explained that ants do not belong in our house. I don't really want to talk about it past that.
Note 2: There was no ant clean up. They must go home to die.